16 Jun Protein Boost – Baked Egg in Avocado
For all of you science nerds out there, it’s no secret that protein is one of the fundamental building blocks for your body. Needless to say, but we all need protein, and doctors say that you should be eating about 6 ounces of protein every day. It should be incorporated in your diet starting early in the morning. But there’s so many carb-heavy breakfast foods like waffles, pancakes, hashbrowns, etc. Need some ideas? Try a baked egg in an avocado!Ingredients:
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Any other seasonings you might like – Paprika, chopped chives, bacon, hot sauce, etc.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut the avocado in half and take out the seed. Scoop a spoonful of flesh out of the avocado so that the egg will fit inside.
3. Place the avocados on a baking tray and crack the eggs inside.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked!
5. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Once it’s finished baking to your specificity, feel free to add herbs such as paprika or a spice kick like siracha! You can add one of my favorite foods, bacon! Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have fun!
Not only will you stay more full throughout the morning but you will also feel more energized to reach your maximum working potential! It’s a win-win! Do you have any breakfast dishes that are full of protein?